Most Common Kinds of Boating Accidents
Boating accidents can cause serious injuries. If you have been involved in a boating accident, you should maintain evidence and documentation to support a personal injury claim so you can recover compensation for your damages through a personal injury claim. Here are some of the more common kinds of boating accidents:
- Boat collisions – This occurs when boats collide with one other or with an inanimate object, such as a rock or a dock.
- Yacht accidents – These are larger vessels and they are often in accidents because of the inexperience of the operator.
- Pontoon boat accidents – While a pontoon boat is a relaxing environment, often the operator becomes negligent and fails to prevent crashes. Also, the propeller can be hazardous to swimmers.
- Rental boats – Often people who have little or no boating skills will rent a boat to spend a fun day out on the water. Unfortunately, many people sign a waiver but do not have the skills necessary to operate a boat and serious injuries can result. If the rental company has not properly maintained the boat, mechanical failures can occur and cause problems.
- Marina and dock accidents – If the marina or dock owners or crew are careless or negligent, there can be an accident that involves your boat or that causes you serious injuries. The marina or dock could be responsible for the damages.
The warmer weather will cause more people to head out on the water and enjoy their time in boats. If you have been in a boating accident, you do have rights. Consult with a personal injury attorney who handles boat accidents so you can recover compensation for your damages. Call Harlan Law Firm for a free case review today, so you can determine the best way to proceed with your boating injury claim.