Most Common Personal Injury Claims
People are injured in a variety of accidents every day. If these injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, they can be held liable for those damages and a personal injury claim can be filed to recover compensation for those losses. Here is a rundown of the most common kinds of personal injury claims that individuals pursue.
- Medical malpractice – Medical malpractice claims deal with injuries caused by inappropriate medical care or the negligence of a healthcare provider. To be successful, you must prove that the medical provider took incorrect or negligent actions when providing medical care, or standard healthcare rules were violated.
- Auto accident injury – There are millions of car crashes every year. If you were in an auto accident that was not your fault, you can seek compensation for your damages. You should maintain medical records, medical bills, proof of time off work, and any other damages that you may suffer.
- Slip and fall accidents – If you slip and fall on private or public property because of the negligence of another party or because the area was unreasonably or unexpectedly dangerous, you can recover compensation for your damages through a slip and fall claim.
- Wrongful death – If someone’s negligence has caused your loved one to lose his or her life, you can hold them liable for the damages. There will be funeral expenses, lost earnings, loss of companionship, and so forth.
- Product liability – If you buy a product and it is defective and causes you to suffer injuries, such as defective tires causing a crash or defective cookware burning you, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your damages.
If you have suffered injuries because of someone else’s negligence in the Portland/Vancouver metro area, call the experienced team of personal injury attorneys at Harlan Law Firm for a case evaluation at 360-735-8200 or send us an email here.